9.21.2009

A season for Babys

It must be baby season. Everyone I know is pregnant or having their next little bundle of love. Not us though we decided to put that off for awhile till I get a degree in nursing or at least start...which I'm doing very soon. Just basics. I've had to many 'requests' for baby blankets right now from my family that knows people who are having baby's. Oh my! That's ok baby blankets are my favorite, so cute and little. Little being very good so it doesn't take a long time ;) I have a very cute tutorial for baby blocks and a tagged blanket too by Moda Bake Shop. I'm going to do a few sets of those for some friends too.













I also made a dress. Not the prettiest fabric I'll say that now, but the pattern was nice until I messed it up ha ha. Its the Socialite Dress by Anna Maria. Sew Mama Sew did a pattern review that was very very helpful to me. It didn't turn out too bad though. I just have to go back and add waste ties so that its not so big looking on me. The neckline on mine is up much higher than it should be. I'm not entirely sure why. Just know that when you're sewing the yoke you need to be accurate, that's where I messed up.







Our weather is rapidly approaching fall. Its still warm during the days but pretty chilly at night and all the leaves are starting to turn. I might take the little man outside for some pictures today. Cant believe my boy will be two in December. Time flys...






No comments:

Post a Comment